Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Using Show Details to extract details from a summarized value.
Where/when to use the technique
You wish to understand which records contribute to the value you see on the Pivot Table.
Using Show Details
- Locate a value from the values area of the pivot
- Double click it
What shows in the Show Details
- The listing presented shows all records that contributed to the summarized values
- Records that are not part of the filter context are not included
Disabling/enabling Show Details
- Right click the PivotTable > PivotTable Options > Data > Enable Show Details
- CAUTION: It is very easy for a user to turn this back on!
Key points to remember
- Show Details sheets need to be manually removed
- Show Details sheets are not removed when the file is closed
- Because they are very easy to create accidentally, it is recommended to disable this feature
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.