About this lesson
The different PowerPoint views allow you to work on different parts of your presentation such as slides, slide thumbnails, text and running your presentation as a slideshow.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the ‘before’ and ‘after’ PowerPoint presentations from the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Exploring PowerPoint’s Views.pptx
1.1 MB Exploring PowerPoint’s Views - Solution.pptx
Exploring PowerPoint’s Views
Using Presentation Views to change the application interface to work on specific content in a presentation.
When to use
To change the application interface of PowerPoint to achieve various tasks.
- On the View tab, in the Presentation Views group, click:
- Normal to see thumbnails of slides, a large slide editing area and Speaker Notes for that slide
- Outline View to work with text
- Slide Sorter to organize and manipulate slides
- Notes Page to view the slide, combined with Speaker notes
- Reading View to view the slide show of your presentation in a window without switching to a full screen slide show
As covered in other modules, Master Views help you work with a specific Master. Buttons in the Master Views group allow you to access the Slide Master, Handout Master, and the Notes Master.
Presentation View keyboard shortcuts:
Outline View: Alt+W+PO
Slide Sorter: Alt+W+I
Notes Page: Alt+W+T
Reading View: Alt+W+D
Master View keyboard shortcuts:
Slide Master: Alt+W+M
Handout Master: Alt+W+H
Notes Master: Alt+W+K
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.