About this lesson
Add tabular data to your presentation in the form of a table and change the table’s appearance.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the ‘before’ and ‘after’ PowerPoint presentations from the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Structure Your Tables.pptx
45.3 KB Structure Your Tables - Solution.pptx
Structure Your Tables
Working with tables.
When to use
To insert an array of data in tabular format on a slide.
To insert a table
- On the Insert tab, in the Tables group, click the arrow below the Table button, and:
- use the pointer to select the appropriate number of rows and columns, or
- select the Insert Table menu item, or
- select the Draw Table menu item, or
- select the Excel Spreadsheet menu item.
- Click an Insert Table icon within a content placeholder.
To format a table
- With the table selected, click the Design tab, and then use the options in the Table Style options Group.
- Options include a formatted:
- Header row
- Total row
- Banded rows
- First column
- Last column
- Banded columns
- A preset format can be applied to a table by selecting the table, clicking the Design tab, and then selecting a table style from the Table Styles group.
Right-clicking a table provides options to merge or split cells, etc. These options are also available on the Layout tab on the ribbon. Options are also available on the Mini Ribbon when you right click on the table.
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.