About this lesson
Add tabular data to your presentation in the form of a table and change the table’s appearance.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Working with tables.
When to use
To insert an array of data in tabular format on a slide.
To insert a table
- On the Insert tab, in the Tables group, click the arrow below the Table button, and:
- use the pointer to select the appropriate number of rows and columns, or
- select the Insert Table menu item, or
- select the Draw Table menu item, or
- select the Excel Spreadsheet menu item.
- Click an Insert Table icon within a placeholder.
- With the table selected, click the Design tab, and use the options in the Table Style options Group.
- Options include a formatted:
To format a table
- Header row
- Total row
- Banded rows
- First column
- Last column
- Banded columns
- A preset format can be applied to a table by selecting the table, clicking the Design tab, and then selecting a table style from the Table Styles group.
Right-clicking a table provides options to insert or delete rows and columns, merge cells, etc. These options are also available on the Layout tab on the ribbon.Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.