About this lesson
Make your animated objects speed up or slow down, or play with or without your intervention, depending on which you desire.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Events and Speed
Advanced animation settings.
When to use
To customize a sequence of animations in the Animation Pane or from the ribbon.
These instructions will work provided you already have an animated object on the slide.
- To open the Animation Pane: On the Animations tab, in the Advanced Animation group, click Animation Pane.
- Several methods to trigger an animation are available on the Animations tab, in the Timing group:
- On Click,
- With Previous, and
- After Previous.
- The duration and delay of an animation can be set with the number spinners in the Timing group.
- The order of an animation in the Animation Pane can be changed using Reorder Animation in the Timing group or by selecting an animation entry with the pointer, and dragging to a new location.
- To duplicate an animation from an animated object to the non-animated object:
- Select the animated object,
- Click Animation Painter,
- Click the object that you wish to animate.
- Further advanced options are available by right-clicking an animation entry in the Animation Pane and selecting either the Effect Options or Timing menu items. Options include:
- tab – settings such as Direction, Smooth Start, Smooth End, or Bounce End. Enhancements include adding a sound, and options for after when the animation occurs.
- tab – Start options, Delay, Duration, Repeat, whether to Rewind the animation and Triggers.
Triggers are a means of starting an animation when the trigger is fired – usually on the click of a particular object on the slide.Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.