Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Group your slides into common concepts or thoughts to help build your storyline, as well is quickly move all of the slides within that group to a new area of your presentation.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Grouping slides with sections.
When to use
To consolidate slides into groups of ideas supporting your storyboard.
- To insert a section, click anywhere in the Slides Pane or Slide Sorter View:
- On the Home tab, in the Slides group, click the Section button.
- On or between slides right click and select the menu item Add Section.
- To rename a Section, select the Section header and:
- Right-click and select the Rename Section option, or
- Press F2 on the keyboard.
- To add new slides within a Section simply add the new slide under the Section name.
- Slides can be dragged from within one Section into another Section with the pointer.
- An entire Section can be moved by dragging the section title with the pointer and dropping at a new location.
- A collapsed Section can be expanded by double-clicking the Section title or right-clicking the Section title and selecting Expand All.
- And expanded Section can be collapsed by double-clicking the Section title or right-clicking the Section title and selecting Collapse All.
- The section can be deleted by selecting the Section title with the pointer and pressing the Delete key, or right-clicking the Section title and selecting Remove Section. The slides won’t be deleted.
- To delete a section on all slides within it right-click the selection title and select Remove Section & Slides.
Sections allow multiple people to work on a part of a presentation within a Section. Selecting the Section title also select all slides within that Section.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.