Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
When contacting editors and journalists, you need to get it right on the first attempt. You should use this checklist before sending your press release to editors and journalists.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Checklist for Contacting Journalists.pdf
Checklist for Contacting Journalists
When contacting editors and journalists, you need to get it right on the first attempt.
When to use
You should use the checklist below before sending your press release to editors and journalists.
Read through this checklist to avoid the most common mistakes companies make when contacting editors and publishers:
- Double-check the spelling of the journalist or editor’s name.
- Use the headline of your press release as the subject of the email.
- Send every piece of relevant information with your press release and attach photos and/or videos.
- Be professional throughout the submission process.
- Paste the press release into the body of the email not as a PDF.
- Stick to the deadline you have been given.
- Only contact editors and journalists when it is really crucial.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.