Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
There are five aspects you absolutely have to include to make your press release an effective marketing and branding tool.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.5 Press releases Must-haves.docx
5 Press Release Must-haves
There are 5 aspects you absolutely have to include to make your press release an effective marketing and branding tool.
When to use
Tips to use when writing a press release.
- Nail the headline: a good headline will get you more traffic to your website. The headline is the first thing people see: it needs to be accurate, concise, and engaging.
- Display excellent writing skills: write professionally and creatively. Edit and proofread the press release several times until it is flawless, make every word count, add at least one relevant quote, and present your news from a different perspective so that it sounds fresh and original.
- Tell readers what to do: make it easy for readers to interact with your content by offering different types of call to action, such as sharing, liking, commenting, visiting your website, learning more about a product, listening to a podcast and watching a video.
- Use strategic linking: add links to relevant additional information and incorporate them into the text so that they appear natural.
- Include company & contact information: you want your readers to know about your company, what you do and why you are worth their time. They should also be able to contact you if they are interested in finding out more information.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.