Premium video tutorials
Learn at your own pace
Mobile (learn on-the-go)
Unlimited tests and quizzes
Regularly updated content
Effective project meetings are the key to any project’s success
This tutorial on project meetings will show you how to avoid the common pitfalls that can ruin the flow of your projects. You will also discover frameworks to help you communicate with your team and stakeholders, and to make the best-informed decisions.
Learn from industry expert, Ray Sheen, about how to apply a systematic approach to your meetings so you can maintain momentum and ensure your project is delivered successfully.
Solidify what you learn in this tutorial with exercises that take you through real-world examples and cheat sheets that help to reinforce your knowledge. By the end of this tutorial, running effective project meetings will be second nature.
This tutorial includes:
- Five bite-size Project Management lesson videos
- Downloadable exercise files and reference guides
- Unlimited quiz and test attempts
- Certificate of completion
In this course, you will learn:
- The different project meeting types used to manage work on any project
- The project meeting structure you should follow to maintain alignment on project goals
- How to create a communication plan and communicate proactively
- The best tools and systems for project communication
- How to use project meeting agenda templates
- How to prepare for management and technical reviews
- How to use templates for management and technical reviews
- How to create clear and concise presentations
- How to conduct technical reviews effectively
- How to achieve a good project team decision-making process
Want to learn more? Check out our introductory course, Project Management Basics. If you already have some experience with project management or you’re looking for something more in-depth, try our courses on Project Management Framework, Project Teams and Stakeholders, Project Planning, or Project Performance and Delivery. And if you’re preparing for the PMP® Exam, consider PMP® Certification Training.
Here's a quick rundown of what we'll cover in each lesson within our course, Project Meetings.
Team Meetings are a gathering of team members to discuss aspects of the project. Team pulse meetings focus on status. Team problem solving meetings focus on problem resolution.
Understand the characteristics of the major categories of project communication. Know the communication constraints typically encountered on project.
Understand the purpose of a project management review and learn how to prepare for one.
Project technical reviews are formal decision meetings between team members and a panel of subject matter experts.
Project Decision Making is the process whereby the project leader and project team decide upon project strategy, tactics, and acceptable actions. For Project Stakeholders, the decisions normally concern project boundaries. For Project Core Team members, the decisions normally concern project plans and execution.