Focus video player for keyboard shortcuts
We hope you enjoyed this lesson.
Cool lesson, huh? Share it with your friends
About this lesson
Identify the terminology and elements of the Ribbon.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.The Ribbon
Application Terminology – The Ribbon.
When to use
Use to understand the terminology and elements of the Ribbon.
The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT)
- This is the single row of icons at the top left of the screen
- Gives one click access to your most used commands
- Unlike Windows, you cannot customize the QAT
- Made up of Tabs, Groups and Commands
- Tabs are used to hold groups of similar natures
- Groups are collections of related controls
- Controls can consist of buttons, menus and galleries
- TIP: Turn on group names via Excel --> Preferences --> View --> Group Titles
- Unlike Windows Excel, ribbon commands cannot be activated by the keyboard
- The Ribbon dynamically resizes depending on the screen size
- Groups and controls will collapse into smaller versions so that all commands fit on screen
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.