Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Excel formatting basics.
When to use
Making information look more attractive in Excel.
General formatting notes
- Cells can be formatted individually or as a group (when multiple cells are selected before formats are applied)
Quick Access Formats
- Fonts and their associated properties (size, colour, bold, underline, etc) can be achieved by using the commands on the Home tab’s Font group
- Cell borders and colour fills can also be applied via the commands on the Home tab
- Alignment of cell contents can be achieved by using the commands on the Home tab
- Common number formats can be applied via the Home tab as well
Advanced Cell Formatting
- Accessed by right clicking on a cell and choosing “Format Cells” (or by pressing Command 1)
- The Format Cells dialog contains all formatting options available to the selected cell(s), including many that are not available through Ribbon commands.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.