Illustrator - Basic
Premium video tutorials
Learn at your own pace
Mobile (learn on-the-go)
Unlimited tests and quizzes
Regularly updated content
Adobe Illustrator is the industry-leading vector drawing program used by professional designers around the globe for digital graphics, illustrations, and typography. If you are an aspiring graphic designer or budding artist, this Adobe Illustrator beginner course online will help you harness Illustrator's powerful design tools to create breathtaking works of art.
Designed for beginners, no prior experience with Illustrator or other design applications is required. Step by step, you will get familiar with the essential tools you need to create beautiful vector art through practical tutorials, hands-on application and example files. Video tutorials are recorded in Adobe Illustrator CC 2017.
- 41 practical tutorials.
- Explore the different types of documents you can create in Illustrator for print or web.
- Understand the fundamentals of CMYK and RGB colors and when to use each.
- Create, scale and manipulate shapes.
- Add color with fill and stroke, and apply linear and radial gradients.
- How to use the Pen tool and Curvature tools to create shapes.
- Work with preset brushes and create your own custom brushes.
- Create basic paths which can be used to trace an image.
- Add text and adjust its size, style and formatting.
- Distort shapes and type, and add perspective with the Free Transform tool.
- Blend lines or shapes gradually with the Blend tool.
- Merge shapes with the Pathfinder and Shape Builder tools.
- How to use masks on shapes or text, and opacity masks for gradients and highlights.
If you already have some experience with Illustrator and are looking to improve your skills, check out the Illustrator - Advanced course.
Once enrolled, our friendly support team and tutors are here to help with any course related inquiries.
Estimated study time
20h 30m for all materials