Social Media Updates
We look at the importance of social media in marketing and how to get the most out of it.
When to use
Regularly post to social media to stay top of mind with your prospects and clients, share items of value, and broaden your reach. Make posts that your ideal client cares about that are professional and relevant.
Social media marketing can help benefit your business
- Stay top of mind with clients and keep them engaged
- Expose people to your message
- People can share your posts, broadening your reach
Post from your business page, not personal
- Some of the things you share on your personal pages may not be relevant for your business
Make posts that your ideal client cares about that are professional and relevant
- Current events – promotions, new shop opening
- Polls – get people engaged with questions
- Before posting, ask yourself “does my ideal client care about this?”
- What is your goal of making the post – what action do you want people to take? e.g. post to share information with CTA to read more, vs post about a sale with CTA to buy
The key is CONSISTENCY!
- How often to post? Have a regular schedule, e.g.
- Once a day
- 3x a week
Use batching method
- Pre-write material or pre-record videos in a batch, and then release them one by one according to your schedule
- Use scheduling tools like Buffer or CoSchedule to schedule your posts to social media
The top 3 social networks you should be using are Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Many people primarily communicate and share using Facebook
- Boost your post – pay for your post to be seen by more people
- To boost a post: Click Boost Post in the lower-right corner of a post you have created. Choose your audience and budget. Click Boost post.
- Ideal for short messages within the 140 character limit
- Can share and link to videos, blog, website
- Target professionals on LinkedIn
- Third most used social network by businesses, especially good for B2B marketing
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.