Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
One of Trello's popular uses is for planning content. Here's a short guide to editorial calendar creation.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Designing Your Own Editorial Calendar in Trello - Task.docx
203.9 KB Designing Your Own Editorial Calendar in Trello - Solution.docx
Designing Your Own Trello Editorial Calendar in Trello
Are you planning to run a blog or even to grow your YouTube channel? An editorial calendar can help you plan all of your content in advance. In the fast-paced world of being a content creator, conquering a future video or blog post can be a great way to grow your personal brand, but the stress of managing it can sometimes take its toll. Using Trello to plan your own content provides a neat way to visualize what's up next.
Possible Trello list names for a Kanban workflow:
When to use
- When you are looking to manage your own content
- Create a new board called "Editorial Calendar"
- Begin creating lists to replicate stages of your editorial calendar
- Begin transferring your video or blog ideas to cards
- Add URLs and other text to the description
- Add attachmens like files or images
- Use Due Dates and show them in the weekly view with the Calendar Power-Up
- Use the exercise to break down how to get started and to implement the calendar set-up
Hints & tips
- Get started organizing now to save you time in the future
- Adding an attachment or an image to the cards will help to make a thumbnail for each card
- A due date adds some urgency to each card
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.