Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Setting up a shared project for team members to join and assign new items with you.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Shared Projects in Todoist - Task.docx
203.9 KB Shared Projects in Todoist - Solution.docx
Shared Projects in Todoist
Whether you want to share with your team for a commercial project or you are organising an event with some friends, the shared projects allow you to plot tasks and activities ready to go. You can add up to 25 people per project on a Premium account on Todoist (subject to change) but this provides you with a way to start adding and assigning tasks as you go across your day and get things done.
When to use
- When you want to assign tasks and activities to others
- When you are looking to explore more team functionality for your project process
- Create a new project and title the new project correctly
- Begin to add members (using the "Share options" button)
- Invite members via email address or Todoist username
- Use the exercise to determine whether you can use this for your own projects
- FImd all project activites in the Notifications (bell icon)
Email tasks to a project
- In the "Project actions" settings (pencil and spanner icon), you can find the specific email address for your project
- Copy to clipboard, add to your email contacts and send it to project members to email in tasks directly to this project
Hints & tips
- Ask your team members to add profile images, it makes things easier to view
- Make sure to take advantage of the comments feature (Premium) to share notes/attachments
- Free users can share any projects with up to 5 people (they can be a different 5 people in each project)
- Premium users can share projects with up to 25 people, and Business users can share with up to 50 people
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.