Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Learn the uses of a homepage for a website and how the page content best welcomes visitors to the business site, and directs them.
When to use
When creating or revising content for a business site homepage.
Typical purpose of a business homepage:
- Online companies: face to the world
- Service businesses: help users
- Brick and mortar: reveal site content
- Give visitors a good reason to stay!
- Focus on the website’s purpose: is it to make sales, validate, entice, educate?
- Welcome visitors and present a clear tagline or statement of benefit
- Write to funnel users towards the best place for their purpose or interest: high-priority tasks
- Reveal the rest of the site’s content: links, lists or excerpts
- Write links as action items: start with verb/lead to result where appropriate
- Offer social proof, testimonials from customers
- Keep company information grouped
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.