Frequently asked questions
What makes GoSkills special?
At GoSkills we want to help you achieve your professional goals. We understand you have a busy schedule and want to make learning more flexible and fun with bite-sized lessons consisting of:
- Short and engaging 3–6 minute HD videos for all highly relevant course lessons.
- Transcripts for quick-and-easy reference to everything mentioned in the videos.
- Reference guides with concise summary of the main points covered in the video.
- Short quizzes to test your newly acquired skills for each lesson.
- Course content is available on demand 24/7, so you can learn on-the-go and ‘pause, play or rewind’ to learn at your own pace.
- Personalized learning – take a quick Skills Test to determine your strengths and areas that need improving, to focus on lessons that are most valuable to you.
How do I access the course?
You can access the course from any computer, tablet or mobile device with an internet connection. You need a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 11. Try our free course modules and you’ll know for sure if your internet setup has the necessary prerequisites.
How long can I access the course?
Can I share my access or course materials with other people?
How do recurring subscriptions work?
Do I get a certificate?
Yes, when you complete the course you will receive a verifiable GoSkills Certificate of Completion, which you can add to your CV, resume or LinkedIn profile. If you complete the test and choose to include your test score on your certificate, you will receive a verifiable GoSkills Certificate of Achievement.
How do I (or others) verify my GoSkills Certificate?
How can I demonstrate how much my skills have improved?
You can take a Skills Test before you start your course and another when you finish. In addition, taking a Quiz after each module helps cement your knowledge as you proceed through the course, which also prepares you for your final Exam. You can take unlimited Tests for the duration of your subscription.
What software do I need?
For some of our courses you will need software if you want to practice what you learn. Practice makes perfect!
- The Excel courses are Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013 and 2010 compliant. Videos are recorded in Microsoft Excel 2016 and 2013 for PC and where the interface is significantly different, Excel 2010 videos are provided too.
- The Excel for Mac courses are recorded in Microsoft Excel for Mac 2016.
- The Pivot Tables course is Microsoft Excel 2013 and 2010 compliant. Video tutorials are recorded in Microsoft Excel 2013 for PC, and where the user interface is significantly different, Excel 2010 videos are provided too.
- The PowerPoint course is recorded in Microsoft PowerPoint 2016, 2013 and 2010.
- The Word courses are recorded in Microsoft Word 2016 and 2013.
- The Outlook course is recorded in Microsoft Outlook 2016.
- The Publisher course is recorded in Microsoft Publisher 2016.
- The Access course is recorded in Microsoft Access 2013.
- The Photoshop courses are recorded in Adobe Photoshop CS5 and CS6.
Don’t have Microsoft Office installed? Microsoft offers a free 30 day trial of Office 365.
Don’t have Photoshop installed? Adobe offers a free 30 day trial of Photoshop.
Is there a GoSkills app?
- Access the entire course from within your Microsoft Office program.
- Quickly search for lessons.
- Never forget again with free access to reference guides - forever!
- Compatible with Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016.
How do I redeem a code?
What do I do if I’m having difficulty viewing the videos?
How do I get help if I need it?
How can I get this course for my business?
GoSkills for Business is a convenient solution to purchase courses for staff training. Your business will receive discounts for bulk subscriptions, easy deployment and relevant reporting at your fingertips.
If you would like to know more, please fill out the online enquiry form. One of our friendly staff will contact you to discuss your requirements.