About this lesson
Selecting a data range and representing it as a chart within a spreadsheet.
Charts are a useful way to visually represent your data.
When to use
When you need to see a visual representation of your data.
Create a chart
- Organize your data the way you want it to be represented in the chart
- Select the data you want to include in the chart
- Click the “Chart” button on the toolbar
- Choose the type of chart from “Recommendations” or “Chart types”
- Choose how the data appears using the check boxes
- Aggregate column: Display all of the cells in that column
- Switch rows/columns: Switch which column is used in the x axis
- Use row as headers: Labels the data using the first row
- Use column as labels: Use this column as the x axis
- Edit the labels and format of the chart in “Customization”
- Click “Insert”
- Advanced edit - Open chart window and modify chart
- Delete chart - Delete chart
- Save image - Download the chart as a “.png” file
- Publish chart - Share the chart on the internet
- Copy chart - Copy the chart
- Move to own sheet - Give the chart its own sheet
- Alt text - Create a description of the chart for people whose device can’t display it
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.