Images in Your Ads
Learn what kind of images to use in your ads that attract consumers’ attention.
When to use
Whenever you use images in your marketing, you want something that attracts attention and is consistent with your brand, product or service.
The type of image you choose depends on your brand, and how consistent it is with your product or service.
Use high contrast colors or black and white images.
- High contrast colors grab the attention of viewers more than muted tones.
Use personified animals doing unordinary things.
- You may have noticed photos and videos of animals are incredibly popular on the internet.
- Cute – smiling kitten, juggling dog
- Ferocious – fierce lion
Use children or people in general that are expressive in emotion.
- People connect to images where people are expressing emotion. E.g. child or adult laughing, crying or screaming.
Images of yourself or spokesperson
- If you own a surf shop – photo of you surfing. If you are a speaker – photo of you speaking.
- In both of these examples, the images used are consistent and representative of the brand/company.
Use stock images as resources or hire your own photographer.
- Use a photographer who specializes in commercial photography for photos of yourself
- Stock photos are very popular. You can use them as-is or add your own text and adjustments. Popular sites include Getty, iStock, Fotolia, and Shutterstock.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.