Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Learn how to change report Record Source to show all records.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Services_25_Start Modify Relationship Properties.accdb
1.6 MB Services_25_Modify Relationship Properties.accdb
Modify Relationship Properties to Show All Records
Change Report Record Source to Show All Records
- From the Design View of a Report, select the report by clicking in the upper left where the rulers intersect. You will see a black square.
- On the Data tab of the Property Sheet, click on the Builder Button (...) for the Record Source
- Right-Click Join line between the table you want to see records for and the table it is related to.
- Choose Join Properties from the shortcut menu. By default, Access will only show rows from the joined tables where the joined fields are equal. Null is the absence of a value and cannot be equal to anything, not even another Null.
- Change the Join Type to 2 or 3 – look at the table names to see which should be picked.
- After the Join Properties are changed, an arrow will point to the less important table.
- Save and Close
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.