About this lesson
Learn how to change report Record Source to show all records.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Services_25_Start Modify Relationship Properties.accdb
1.6 MB Services_25_Modify Relationship Properties.accdb
Modify Relationship Properties to Show All Records
Change Report Record Source to Show All Records
- From the Design View of a Report, select the report by clicking in the upper left where the rulers intersect. You will see a black square.
- On the Data tab of the Property Sheet, click on the Builder Button (...) for the Record Source
- Right-Click Join line between the table you want to see records for and the table it is related to.
- Choose Join Properties from the shortcut menu. By default, Access will only show rows from the joined tables where the joined fields are equal. Null is the absence of a value and cannot be equal to anything, not even another Null.
- Change the Join Type to 2 or 3 – look at the table names to see which should be picked.
- After the Join Properties are changed, an arrow will point to the less important table.
- Save and Close
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.