About this lesson
Quick tips on how to add new contacts efficiently.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.New Contacts.docx
Three ways to create New Contacts
When to use
Redundant typing is never productive. Use these tips on creating contacts to eliminate unnecessary data entry.
Open your contacts view by clicking the People button:
- Click New Contact and fill in the information:
- Click Save and Close to finish, OR Save and New to start another Contact file
- Click Save and New drop down arrow and choose “Contact from Same Company”
- The Drag and Drop method: Drag an email onto the Contacts pane under the Folder List:
(notice the plus sign on the mouse, an email is about to land there)
- When you let go, a brand new contact is created with much of the main information automatically filled in.
- Also a copy of the email is in the notes area for future reference.
- To send the business card image within an email,
- Open a contact file and Right click the business card image
- Select “Copy Image”
- Open a new email and paste the image into the body of the email
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.