Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Pictures - Align
Align pictures precisely on the page with the Align tool.
When to use
Use the Align tool to place a picture exactly center, top, bottom, or many other options.
- Begin by opening a Blank publication.
- Click the Insert Ribbon, and click Pictures,
- Choose any 3 pictures in your files, or use the accompanying pictures with this video lesson.
- Notice the pictures drop alongside the publication into the “Scratch Area”.
Ultimately, Picture Placement is your control. If no Picture Placeholder is used, Publisher inserts to the Scratch Area.
- Move the pictures (click and drag) individually or as one unit onto the publication page.
- Align the pictures individually or as one unit by using the Align button.
Use CTRL Click to select all the pictures
click the Picture Tools Ribbon, click the Align tool.
- If the list is grayed out (meaning not available to choose), make sure the bottom option is selected: “Relative to Margin Guides”
- Now practice using each of the options pictured above on the Align tools list:
Align Left Align Center Align Right Align Top Distribute Vertically Align Middle
- “Ctrl + Scroll” to zoom in is faster than pointing to the bottom right zoom controls. Zoom in or out quickly by holding down CTRL and scroll with your mouse wheel.
- To un-do anything, simply press “Ctrl + Z”, or click the un-do button on the Quick Access bar:
- “Ctrl + A” to select all pictures, text, and other elements on a publication.
- Click and Drag a lasso around the pictures to select them all
- “Ctrl Click” each picture to select certain pics to align simultaneously
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.