About this lesson
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Track Changes - Exercise.docx
Track changes will show which person made which changes in a document.
When to use
Use any time an edit is optional and someone must give final approval. Commonly used for contract documents and often in legal offices.
Review Ribbon, Tracking & Changes Group
- Turn on Track Changes by clicking the Track Changes button on the Review ribbon.
- Make changes to the document; observe the marks on the screen. Change how many markups you see by switching “Simple Markup” to “All Markup”.
- To view the changes in a pane rather than on the actual document screen, click Reviewing Pane and choose Vertical or Horizontal.
- Click the Dialogue Box operator on the Tracking group
- Make any changes, then click “Advanced Options” to change the markup colors and options:
- When finalizing a document, click the Accept/Reject buttons and the markup lines in the left margin will disappear.
- The last step is to turn off the Track Changes button so that it will stop all future tracking.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.