Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Since a picture is really worth 1000 words, add pictures, change their appearance and do so much more with these fundamental slide objects.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the PowerPoint presentation used in the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Working with Pictures.pptx
Inserting pictures from the Internet or your computer.
When to use
To insert one or more pictures onto a slide.
Insert a picture off the Internet
- On the Insert tab, in the Images group, click Online Pictures, and select the search method such as Office.com Clipart: Type a search term into the search box, press Enter on the keyboard or click the search icon, click the image preview of the image you want to insert, and then click Insert.
- To insert multiple pictures, click the image preview of the image you want to insert, hold down the Ctrl key and with the pointer select one or more additional image previews, and then click Insert.
- On the Insert tab, in the Images group, click Pictures, and browse to the location of the picture in the Insert Picture dialog box, select the picture, and then click either:
Insert a picture from your computer
- Insert to insert the picture directly, or
- The Insert drop-down arrow and select Link to File. Make sure that if you link to file you distribute the pictures with the presentation.
- To insert multiple pictures, click the Insert tab, and then click Pictures, and browse to the location of the picture in the Insert Picture dialog box, select the picture, hold down the Ctrl key and select other pictures with the pointer, and then click either:
The Link to File and Insert and Link menu items in the drop-down arrow in the Insert Picture dialog box perform the same function.Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.