Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Being able to monitor the success of a press release is very important because you need to know whether your marketing strategy is working, and you need to figure out how you can improve it.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Monitoring the Success of a Press Release .docx
204.6 KB Monitoring the Success of a Press Release - Solution.docx
Monitoring the Success of a Press Release
Being able to monitor the success of a press release is very important because you need to know whether your marketing strategy is working and you need to figure out how you can improve it.
When to use
Check the parameters below pre-release and post-release, so you can make meaningful comparisons and measure the impact of each press release. Looked at over a number of press releases, the parameters below will also tell you what works and what doesn’t, and which press releases are popular.
To measure the performance of your press release you need to look at 5 aspects which you can remember using the acronym T.R.I.E.S.:
- Traffic – ask yourself whether the traffic to your website has increased following the publication of your press release. Did the people who read it then followed the link to your website?
- Reads – how many people have read your press release?
- Impressions – how many times has your press release been displayed?
- Engagement – how many people have responded to your press release with likes and comments?
- Shares – how many people have shared your press release?
The point of monitoring your press releases is to find out what your customers enjoy and give them the type of news they want to hear about. Keep your audience and media at the forefront of your press releases and you will see increased engagement and revenue!
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.