Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
The Todoist inbox is perfect for capturing new tasks and organizing them into projects for later. The inbox is the hub for a lot of activity inside of Todoist and a great way to filter tasks that are most important to complete next.
Using the Todoist Inbox
The Todoist inbox provides users with the ability to add new tasks and sort them into the relevant project. Adding a task to your inbox will allow you to coordinate the next action and save your brain from having to remember it. An inbox is a great place for storing tasks ranging from your next shopping list item to your next big event conference at work to start planning later in the day. Capturing inside of inbox is a healthy productivity practice.
When to use
- When you'd like to capture a new task in Todoist
- Open Todoist
- Select "Inbox" on the sidebar
- Hit "Add Task"
- Begin by adding one task
- Add 5 tasks to the inbox
- Add a Due Date to one of the tasks
- View "Options" via the three-dots
- Click "Sort by Priority" to organize tasks into order
- Go out of the "Options" area
- Hit the comment bubble next to "Options"
- Add relevant notes to Project Comments
- Exit Project Comments
- Head to "Options"
- Enter the "Email Tasks to this Project" area
- Extract email for sending task in via email
- Use the Exercise to extract tasks and enter them into inbox
Hints & tips
- You can also import and extract templates, this will be discussed later
- Sorting is also possible by name and due date
- Use these GTD triggers to help with the extract of tasks in exercise
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.