Using Smart Schedule
Planning the week ahead can sometimes be tricky, and getting a helping hand can go a long way.
Smart schedule has been available inside of Todoist for the last 2 years and has made many people's lives a lot easier when it comes to planning.
Smart schedule helps you to co-ordinate tasks around your more available dates. Using machine learning, smart schedule will help you to plot tasks using insights into how you current work in Todoist. So, the more you spend on Todoist, the better the recommendation.
Clicking into smart schedule with a task or multiple tasks will allow you to organize them across your account without causing too many issues or clashes with other tasks.
When to use
- Once you've added tasks for the week
- Looking for assistance with re-scheduling or adapting them
- Open Todoist
- Select Overdue tasks
- Use multi-select (Ctrl or Command)
- Select "Schedule"
- You can manually schedule to a date
- Use "Smart Schedule"
- Smart schedule will provide suggested dates
- Select or decline the suggested dates
- To decline, hit "Remove task from smart schedule"
- Hit "Update" to update suggested dates
- Task details will be updated and dates changed
To get smart schedule per individual task:
- Head to "Task Actions"
- On the far left a "Suggested Date" will appear
- Click this if you'd like that task to be re-assigned to the new date
Hints & tips
- Avoid snowballing (scheduling the task for the next day) automatically
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.