About this lesson
There are no related exercise files for this lesson.
Projects, Decisions, and Surveys
Learn how to create a new project, decision, or survey; organize existing items; share your projects for group collaboration; and view examples.
When to use
Use to create a new project, decision, or survey; organize existing items; share your projects for group collaboration; and view examples. Also use to help decide when to create a decision and when to create a survey.
Create a new project
- Under "Quick Start" at the top of the projects page, click "new project"
- This is where all the decisions and surveys pertaining to a particular objective are located
Create a decision
- Used for prioritizing or choosing between alternatives, either alone or in a group
- Can involve multiple participants through the voting feature
- If multiple people are involved, they make trade-offs together so as to facilitate discussion
Create a survey
- Used to gather people's preferences
- Usually for market research, or to gather opinions on categorizations prior to group decision-making
- Participants can respond to questions on their own time
Modifying a project
- Hover over the project and click the pencil icon next to the project name to edit the name
- To add a decision or survey to an existing project, open the project and click "new decision" or "new survey"
Sharing a project
- Hover over the project, then click on the arrow on the far right to open sharing options
- Useful for collaborating on a project with others
- For a project, hover over the item, then click on the garbage icon on the far right to delete it
- For a decision or survey, hover over the item, then click on the three dots on the far right, and click "delete"
- To restore a deleted item, go to the "deleted items" page
- Deleting shared items will delete it for everyone; to avoid that, simply unshare the item with yourself
- Access examples in the menu on the left
- Helps you get a better idea of what 1000minds is useful for and how to structure your decision or survey
- Filter examples by keyword by typing into the search bar, or filter by topic by clicking the appropriate tags
- To view more detail, click on an example
- To view the entire example or copy it to a project, tick the check box to the left of the example, and click "copy to your project"
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.