Premium video tutorials
Learn at your own pace
Mobile (learn on-the-go)
Unlimited tests and quizzes
Regularly updated content
This course is retired.
The GoSkills PMP® Certification Training course features content aligned to the PMBOK® Guide, Sixth Edition and 2020 PMP® exam. It has not been updated for the latest 2021 PMP® exam.
The PMP® certification is the number one globally recognized credential for project managers, opening the door to better job opportunities and higher salaries. Research has shown that PMP® certification holders earn 20% more on average than non-certified project managers.
This PMP® course online assumes you already have knowledge of the basic project management tools and techniques, and some experience managing projects. If you need a refresher, we recommend taking the Project Management for Experts course first.
- 47 practical tutorials.
- Learn the ins and outs of the PMP® application process and certification requirements.
- Discover the best ways to utilize the PMBOK® Guide when studying for the exam.
- Test yourself along the way with 141 quiz questions and a final exam.
- Downloadable reference guides, exercises and solution sheets for each lesson.
- Identify the five process groups and the process within each group.
- Identify the ten knowledge areas and the processes with each area.
- Identify the inputs, outputs, tools and techniques of each project management process.
- Based on The Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2017.
- 35.5 PDUs or contact hours to put towards certification with PMI (if completed prior to Jan 1, 2021).
Who should take this PMP® course online?
- People who want to prepare for the PMP® exam.
- Project managers who want to take the next step in their careers by getting certified with PMI.
- People who want to earn the required 35 contact hours for PMI through on-demand online training.
- Busy professionals who want the flexibility to upskill at their own pace.
- Existing PMI certification holders who want to earn PDUs to maintain their certification.
- People who want the assurance of learning from a Authorized Training Partner (ATP) with PMI.
For more information on how to get your PMP® certification online, including eligibility criteria, certification cost, and process, check out our handy step by step PMP® certification guide.
What does PMP® stand for?
PMP stands for ‘Project Management Professional’. It is an internationally recognized designation by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
What is a PMP® certification?
The PMP® certification is earned once you have passed the PMP® exam. It represents the utmost knowledge and experience in project management.
Earning the PMP certification enhances your credibility as a Project Manager, unlocks more job opportunities, increases your earning potential, gives you access to global networking opportunities, and more.
How to get a PMP® certification?
Here are the steps you need to take in order to earn a PMP® certification:
- Meet PMI’s prerequisites for PMP® certification of:
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or global equivalent) or four year degree.
- Either 4,500 hours or 7,500 hours of experience leading projects, depending on your education level.
- 35 hours of project management education. The GoSkills PMP® course meets this requirement, and GoSkills is an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) with PMI.
- Complete the online application form.
- Wait for confirmation from PMI that they have received your application.
- Pay for the exam.
- If you’re a PMI member, the PMP® exam will cost you $405. If you’re not a PMI member, then you’re looking at $555 to take the exam.
- Make an appointment to take the PMP® exam.
- Maintain your PMP® certification.
- To renew your PMP® certification, you need to earn 60 PDUs over the span of three years, report your PDUs to PMI, and pay the renewal fee of $60. GoSkills project management, finance, and lean six sigma courses are a great way to earn PDUs while learning practical skills.
You can learn more about the steps to gain your PMP® certification in detail here.
How many PDUs for PMP® certification?
If you do not hold a PMP® certification yet, you earn contact hours (also known as education hours) when you take project management training. Once you are officially certified, you earn Professional Development Units (PDUs) instead when you undertake training.
In order to take the PMP® exam, you will need a minimum of 35 contact hours. The GoSkills PMP® course meets this requirement, awarding learners 35.5 contact hours upon completion.
Once you have earned your certification, you will need to earn 60 PDUs over the span of the next three years to maintain your certification. The GoSkills PMP® course provides 35.5 PDUs, and you can also earn PDUs from our range of project management, lean six sigma and finance courses.
How hard is the PMP® exam?
The PMP® exam is designed to test the knowledge of experienced project managers, and as such it is one of the more difficult project management certification exams.
However, it is possible to pass the exam if you thoroughly study the PMBOK Guide, specifically the five process groups and ten knowledge areas covered in the exam. A key to scoring well in the exam is answering questions with the PMBOK Guide way of doing things, not the way you may have learned to do things in practice at your job.
Taking a course like GoSkills’ PMP® Certification Training and giving yourself enough time to adequately prepare for the exam will help give you the tools you need to be confident you have the knowledge to succeed.
How long is the PMP® exam?
The PMP® exam is 4 hours or 240 minutes long. There are no scheduled breaks, which means the clock will keep running should you choose to take one.
How many questions in the PMP® exam?
There are 200 questions to answer on the PMP® exam. With the time you’re allotted this roughly works out to a minute and 12 seconds per question. You will be graded on 175 of the questions only. PMI includes 25 experimental questions in each exam to gauge their value for future exams.
Do you have other project management online courses?
We have a range of project management courses to suit your needs, including courses on certification exam prep, software skills, and agile methods:
- CAPM® Foundations
- CAPM® Certification Training
- Microsoft Project Fundamentals
- Project Management Basics
- Project Management for Team Members
- Project Management for Business Professionals
- Project Management for Engineers
- Project Management for Experts
- Scrum for Team Members
- Scrum for Managers
- Scrum for Scrum Masters
- Scrum for Product Owners
- Scrum for Agile Scrum Practitioners
Once enrolled, our friendly support team and tutors are here to help with any course related inquiries.
Can I train my team with GoSkills?